canberrabirds

Question about Tawney Frogmouths

To: <>
Subject: Question about Tawney Frogmouths
From: "Trish Fletcher" <>
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2011 11:58:38 +1000

Hello Everyone,

I live in Cook. A friend who also lives in Cook ( Booth Crescent) has two Tawneys snuggled up together in a tree in her front yard.  They haven’t moved now for over two months – same tree, same branch. They’ve sat through neighbourhood noise, cars and people coming and going from the house, two young children playing under the tree, etc. A few weeks ago a branch near them cracked and fell, but they still didn’t move.

I’m hoping someone may be able to explain what is going on with them.

Any information or even just an educated guess would be very much appreciated to help ease our burning curiosity!

Many thanks,

Trish Fletcher

It is hard to see from this photo, but one seems to have more brown around it’s face and the other slightly blacker...?

  IMG_2103.JPG