canberrabirds

Fw: Seed grants of up to $1500 available to run events in Canberra durin

To: <>
Subject: Fw: Seed grants of up to $1500 available to run events in Canberra during National Science Week 2011 (August 13-21)]
From: "Chris Davey" <>
Date: Tue, 31 May 2011 23:37:25 +1000
Hi, I forward this on in case  there is anyone interested in putting together a project for Science Week.

In addition to the Science Week activities, COG has been asked to submit a project that will involve the general public over a 12 month period, starting August 2011.  This has been done, the project has been accepted and we will kick off at the Discovery Centre on 21st August, so let us hope we get some enthusiastic members of the public interested!

Briefly, the project will involve members of the public surveying the bird species in their suburbs and then use Google Earth to identify attributes such as housing density, amount of open space, block size, tree plantings etc that affects avian diversity in the area.  Results are to be presented during the 2012 Science Week.  If anyone would like further details (or be involved) please contact me.  Advertisements for the project will be placed in the Canberra Times, first week of August, 2011.

Chris Davey (President)

24 Bardsley Place,
Holt,
ACT 2615