canberrabirds

call for observers, 2nd Gang-Gang Census

To: Canberra Birds <>
Subject: call for observers, 2nd Gang-Gang Census
From: John Leonard <>
Date: Mon, 16 May 2011 09:40:53 +1000
Hi all

This is the call for observers for the second central Canberra Gang-Gang Census.

I have attached the report for the first GG Census as it appeared in
the Canberra Bird Notes for December 2010.

The basic idea is that observers nominate an area (a suburb,
half-suburb or bushland area) and scout out the area for likely GG
habitat. On Sunday 5 June between 11am-12noon the observers visit
spots in their area and count the number of GGs present (detailed
instructions will be posted to observers before the day).

I will co-ordinate the observers and make sure that nominated areas
aren’t already being counted. I will try to ensure that the area of
central Canberra (Turner and Ainslie south to Red Hill) is
well covered and encourage other observers to choose areas further
out.

Please consider if you can spare a little time to count these iconic
cockatoos. If you can please, e-mail me directly and suggest the area
you would like to survey.

Thanks

--
John Leonard
Canberra

I want to be with the 99,999 other things.