canberrabirds

The MFF - an MBF instead (not local)

To: Cog line <>
Subject: The MFF - an MBF instead (not local)
From: sandra henderson <>
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2011 15:59:55 +1000
while returning from the COG campout at Willandra, Jean Casburn and I stopped in at Cocoparra near Yenda, and in a gully along the Falcon Falls walking track  from Spring Hill picnic area we encountered a Mixed Bathing Flock  all enjoying a small pool. within the space of just a few minutes we had speckled warblers, a red-capped robin, brown-headed honeyeaters, yellow robins, diamond firetails, a golden whistler, yellow thornbills and white plumed honeyeaters, sometimes 2 or 3 species at once, in the pool only about 2 metres long. about twenty minutes later as we returned along the track there was not a bird in sight at that spot.

sandra h