canberrabirds

Yellow-Faced Honeyeater

To: Canberra Birds <>
Subject: Yellow-Faced Honeyeater
From: Alberta Hayes <>
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2011 23:57:07 +1000
Hey Everyone,
On Saturday night, walking back to my car from work, I found a Yellow-Faced Honeyeater on the ground. It couldn't fly, but wasn't short on pep. I picked it up and took it home and on Sunday, after it spent a day in the office out the back of my work (JB in Woden) I took the little thing to the vet. The prognosis was fine, no broken wing (it was drooping a bit but was just sore) and can be let go once it is ready.

As the bird can't fly just yet, but has just progressed to fluttering small distances (the vet also said it was being lazy) I will have the bird for the next couple of days at my house.
If anyone would like to see it on Wednesday, they can send me a private email. It's a cute little thing, and is happy to be looked at for a while.

Alberta,
Chapman.