canberrabirds

Conservation Council Fora and Trivia Night

To: "Canberra Birds" <>
Subject: Conservation Council Fora and Trivia Night
From: "Tony Lawson" <>
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2011 15:23:32 +1100
Hi all,

I wanted to remind you about the Recreation Forum (this Thursday!) and Trivia Night (Next Friday!) and the special April Forum. Please remember to distribute these notices to your members.

FORUM

We are having our first Member Forum for the year. The topic is  'Recreational use in natural areas' and will be held on 24 March, 5:30 for 6pm start at Havelock House, 85 Northbourne Ave, Turner. Stephen Alegria (PCL) will be discussing Mountain Bike Tracks particularly on Bruce Ridge, Stephen Hughes (Parks) will discuss recreation in general and Rod Griffiths (NPA) will be sharing the concerns of National Parks Association.

This is your chance to join in discussions on this important issue. Please pass this on to your members as many people, especially park carers, will be interested.

Drinks and nibbles will be provided. Entry is by gold coin donation, member groups free!

TRIVIA NIGHT Hurry! Time is running out!

You are invited to our 2011 Trivia Night!

When: Friday 1 April, 2011, 6.30pm for 7pm start
Where: Majura Hall, 2 Rosevear St, Dickson
Tickets: $25. Tables of 8 (you may buy individual tickets)

It's on again! Come and join us for a fun night of trivia, fun and mayhem and walk away feeling great that you've helped a wonderful cause.

Last year we raised just over $4,000 to hire a part-time campaigner to fight for the Molonglo Valley. This year we are trying to raise funds for our new Biodiversity Mapping Project.

This project will assist in mapping the distribution of endangered species and ecological communities in the ACT Region. Once completed the project will provide a valuable resource for the community in terms of the maps produced and data which will be made available through a new facility at the Conservation Council Office in Civic.

This Trivia Night is open to all member groups as well as members of the public. Places are limited so please book ASAP. Tickets are $25 each. Alternatively you could purchase a table upfront (tables of 8) and organise your attendees at a later date.

You can register your tickets online: http://tinyurl.com/2011trivia, call us (6229 3208) or email.

Please feel free to pass this on to anyone you feel may be interested.

APRIL FORUM

We are having a special forum in April on the 28th at the Canberra Reptile Sanctuary, 5:30 for 6pm. The topic is "Reptiles and Urban Development" and we will be having Will Osborne (UC) speak about the Pink-tailed worm lizard in Molonglo among other things and Dustin Welbourne (Chief Scientist, Canberra Reptile Sanctuary (Inc) ) speak and show us around the sanctuary.

As this is a special forum and places are limited so please register your interest with me before April 27.
Kind regards,

Anna See
Project Officer
Conservation Council ACT Region