canberrabirds

Plumed Whistling Duck

To: Cog line <>
Subject: Plumed Whistling Duck
From: sandra henderson <>
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2011 09:18:00 +1100
and if anyone is in the Riverina - there are about a hundred PWD about
10k past Collingullie on the Lockhart Rd. there are flooded gullies on
one side of the road, small dam on the other, at the same spot, and
the ducks were both sides of the road. Easily seen from the roadside

seen both last Wednesday and last Sunday. Phil Maher said there are
lots around, but these were the only ones I spotted.

 Fivebough Swamp walking tracks very overgrown, but if you have a
scope there's lots of water and birds visible from the Hooey Rd
lookout off Fivebough Rd (including hundreds of pelicans). Apparently
NSW govt has taken over "maintenance" and hasn't done anything about
the walking tracks for many months. water levels are very high -
combination of environmental flows then heaps of rain.

sandra h