canberrabirds

Butterflies at ANBG and cormorants etc in LBG

To: COG List <>
Subject: Butterflies at ANBG and cormorants etc in LBG
From: martin butterfield <>
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2011 19:04:06 +1100
Following up on a tip posted by Tony Lawson last week I went to the ANBG today and found the Imperial Hairstreaks as directed.  In the gardens I emt Jenny Bounds who mentioned Macleay's Swallowtails: again delivered as indicated.  I have blogged (with snaps) about these at http://franmart.blogspot.com/2011/02/anbg-australian-national-butterfly.html.

After this excitement I headed off for a waddle along the North Shore of lake Burley Griffifn.  About halfway between Sullivans Creek and Black Mountain Peninsula I could see nests of Dater and Little Pied Cormorants.

Martin