canberrabirds

An inelegant smudge

To: Geoffrey Dabb <>
Subject: An inelegant smudge
From: martin butterfield <>
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2011 12:55:20 +1100
Geoffrey

In what sense does it remind you of that famous bronze?  Are you referring to the first raising, the second raising or the controversy about whether the photographic image was a staged shot?  The wikipedia article about the battle for Iwo Jima http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raising_the_Flag_on_Iwo_Jima covers these possibilities.

Martin