canberrabirds

campbell park - 1 white faced heron chick dead...

To: canberra birds <>
Subject: campbell park - 1 white faced heron chick dead...
From: Susanne Gardiner <>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2011 00:45:53 +0000 (GMT)
Hi all

just returned from Campbell park and it seems that one of the chicks has perished.
When we got there at around 9.30am I saw 2 sitting up (one out of the nest on the branch) and the 3rd as a lump.

When we left (before 11) one of them was hanging half out of the nest on the car park side. Wing spread, head hanging down (over a branch?)
Mum was there and had a look and a pick.

A noisy miner came up and had a look too.

Didn't someone ask for rufous whistler the other day?
We saw one today.

Cheers, Susanne