canberrabirds

help with habitat sampling work in Mulligans/Goorooyarroo

Subject: help with habitat sampling work in Mulligans/Goorooyarroo
From: Victoria Sheean <>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2011 15:48:21 +1100
Hi everyone,

I am currently looking for any volunteers to help out with habitat sampling field work in Mulligans Flat and Goorooyarroo Nature Reserves. I know that this isn't exactly bird watching, but it is related to the areas where the reintroduced Brown Treecreepers were released and settled. The work will be fairly simple and will involve analysing about 5 habitat variables within 100m x 5m transects. A lot of the areas are quite close to roads in the reserves, but there will be some walking to get to the transects.

I am hoping to start the field work around early-February (possibly the 7th) to mid-late March (with the exclusion of 28th February to 6th March). I will be working Monday-Friday. It would be great if someone is interested to help out for a week, or even longer. If you are only available on certain days, I would be happy for you to come along on those days over two or three weeks.

There is a possibility that I may be able to offer a small stipend to a regular volunteer if that is an incentive for anyone - although this can't be guaranteed as yet.

Please let me know if you know anyone who may be interested.

Thanks
Victoria
--
Victoria Sheean
PhD Scholar

Fenner School of Environment and Society
W.K. Hancock Building 43 West
Australian National University
Acton 0200

Mob: 0401 883 567