canberrabirds

Wednesday Walk February16 2011

To: COG List <>, Lesley Page <>, rachel <>, Eric Wenger <>
Subject: Wednesday Walk February16 2011
From: martin butterfield <>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2011 09:14:44 +1100
Following discussion at the January walk I consulted about the state of the environment in the West Macgregor area and was advised that one is more likely to get grass seeds in the eyebrows than the socks.

However, in the same general area a walk has been suggested covering Umbagong District Park, Ginninderra Creek and Jaramlee Pond.  It is reasonably shady and the area generally has generated some interesting reports. I suggest meet at the entrance to Umbagong  off Florey drive as shown in the attached extract from Google Maps at 9am on 16 February.  Exactly where we go can be worked out on the day: there seem to be many options for shortening/lengthening the walk as we go.

The editors of Gang-gang may wish to include the following announcement:
"The Wednesday Walk for February will start at the entrance to Umbabgong District Park off Florey Drive Latham.  Meet at 9 am on 19 February.  Most of the walk will be on bike paths and is quite flat.  As well as the Park we will visit part of Ginninderra Creek and possibly Jaramlee pond."

Martin