canberrabirds

Morcombe Field Guide

To: Chris Davey <>
Subject: Morcombe Field Guide
From: Bob Rusk <>
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2011 12:35:25 -0800 (PST)
Chris.

I would I would strenuously advise against it, or if you do never let your fellow birders know. I say this in all seriousness as I believe it could be extremely detrimental to their healthy.  I have a good friend who has the download and when he produces his Ipod to compare the plumage differences of say the Rufous and the Golden Whistler and then with a quick "poke" at the screen can listen to the different calls or any other call you can poke a stick at. Now I believe myself to be honest and mild mannered man but when he produces "THE POD" an intense green mist envelopes me, making me covet my neighbours goods. I begin to harbour injurious thoughts towards him and should some accident befall him where only THE POD or he could be saved, then realistically some friendships, tragically, do come to an end and I would then ask forgiveness every time I dialled some bird up.

Bob
PS- Even the drawings look better when looking through the green mist,