canberrabirds

New Holland arrival - why?

To: "'casburnj'" <>
Subject: New Holland arrival - why?
From: "Philip Veerman" <>
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2010 13:57:24 +1100
I wonder whether you have been home more than usual. But then again I wouldn't read too much into 3 individuals of common species as a sudden influx. According to The GBS Report, all these three species do occur year round in Canberra gardens, but the usual pattern for all of them is to be at their lowest numbers in mid summer (like now). So likely it is an unusual coincidence.

The weather has been very strange the last month.