canberrabirds

[Fwd: tagged galahs]

To: Geoffrey Dabb <>
Subject: [Fwd: tagged galahs]
From: martin butterfield <>
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2010 15:27:45 +1100
Assuming these are still from Judith's project it is more like 6 years ago.

Some possibly more interesting follow-up questions are
  • why are the tags not constructed so the they fall off after "x" months?  This would seem to be particularly desirable if the tags are of a design such as might attract predators (as seemed to be the case described in a COG Meeting this year with a  Black Cockatoo project in WA).
  • why doesn't the Bandig scheme keep records of post project observations to give insights into longevity of birds etc?