canberrabirds

Outing to Yanununbeyan 4 December

To: COG List <>
Subject: Outing to Yanununbeyan 4 December
From: martin butterfield <>
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2010 13:43:21 +1100
When I last went down Woolcara Lane (2 weeks ago) the road was in reasonable condition albeit with a few slippery bits.  I would expect that by now it would be in good condition.

HOWEVER I have just looked at the BoM rainfall forecast for the next 8 days which is predicting 100+mm (ie 25% of the rain we got in all of 2009).  If all of that arrives - and BoM warns that it is just a computer model with no human intervention - things could be very unpleasant on the dirt roads and at least one of the creek crossings could be interesting.  I intend to go and have a look at the situation next Tuesday or Thursday (depending on the weather) and will send around an update at that time.  I will also update my blog post  http://franmart.blogspot.com/2010/10/planning-cog-trip-to-yanununbeyan-sca.html

If it seems necessary I will also update the blogpost next Friday.  I strongly suggest that anyone planning to come on this trip check the blogpost before leaving home on the Saturday morning.

Martin