canberrabirds

Campbell Park

To: <>
Subject: Campbell Park
From: "Steve Holliday" <>
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2010 18:56:03 +1100

During my first visit to Campbell Park in a long time I was perturbed to see a rather large number of trees in the block between the carpark and the Mt Ainslie NR have been marked with orange tape. As they are all next to tracks I guess this means they are going to be removed. Most of them are saplings but even so, it seems a shame to have such activity in what has been a rich spot for birds over the years.

Birdwise I guess it was mostly the usual suspects although I heard Diamond Firetails at one stage, a bird I have found here just once before. I was also pleased to see a couple of displaying WW Trillers, not many this far east this year.

cheers

Steve