canberrabirds

after the blitz

To: "'COG List'" <>
Subject: after the blitz
From: "Barbara Allan" <>
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2010 11:21:15 +1100

Well it didn’t rain solidly the whole weekend and most people who have contacted me so far managed to get their surveys in, in one case between chemotherapy treatments and in another at some water damage to a vehicle. A sincere “thank you” from COG for your contribution. The most unusual highlight to date has been the Channel-billed Cuckoo at The Pinnacle NR, a ‘first” for the blitz, though the species has been seen or heard most years recently. And now, please don’t waste your time and effort but get those datasheets in - please! Either to my (physical) letterbox; or via mail to COG, PO box 301 Civic Square 2608; or to COG’s databases via the electronic input system (contact Paul Fennell for a password and instructions) or bring them to the next meeting and drop them in the red collection box in the tearoom. I’ll post an update each week as records come to hand. Barbara Allan, blitz organiser