canberrabirds

dead White-naped Honeyeater in Woden

To: "'martin butterfield'" <>, <>
Subject: dead White-naped Honeyeater in Woden
From: "Philip Veerman" <>
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2010 21:45:19 +1100
Of course many birds migrate at night. I suspect not these ones though (or not mainly), mostly due to that we know they migrate during the daytime. I'd think most species would so one or other.

There is an huge number of reasons why any bird might die and be found dead. It could be John's suggestion, (in daytime equally), it could be that the bird died of old age or starvation or whatever.

Philip