canberrabirds

Wednesday walk report

To: "'COG List'" <>
Subject: Wednesday walk report
From: "Geoffrey Dabb" <>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2010 14:54:42 +1000

At the midweek orienteering this morning one leg, if you wanted to do it like that, ran directly below the nest of the Wanniassa Wedgie.  A bird was sitting, eggs I presume, which caused a deviation on my part.  I think it just hunkered down, fortunately.  Any disturbance of sitting birds at this time of year can be quite dangerous to the prospects of the young.