canberrabirds

COG Wednesday walk this week

To: Cog line <>
Subject: COG Wednesday walk this week
From: sandra henderson <>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2010 07:18:53 +1000

Wednesday Walk — 21 July — 9.30am

This walk will be at McQuoids Hill Nature Reserve Yellow Pages map reference - Map 77 D14.

There is lots of parking at the access gate on the right hand side of Kambah Pool Road which is about 700 metres from the roundabout where the Kambah Pool Rd crosses Allchin Cct/Barritt St, Kambah, opposite the start of the golf club driving range, and 400 metres before the entry to the golf club. Look for the step-through gate.

We'll hope for a nice sunny day, but the 9.30am start should at least mean the day is warming up. We'll head first to the small farm dam to check if there is anything on it besides Wood Ducks, then across to the reserve proper, where we'll walk the perimeter track anticlockwise, hopefully seeing Double-barred Finches as the reconnaissance party did. No bookings required.

sandra henderson