canberrabirds

A chance

To: "canberra birds" <>
Subject: A chance
From: "Rosie - Internode" <>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2010 14:04:09 +1000
HABITAT
I'm sure many of you are already active members of GetUp AND  All of us are deeply concerned about the state of Australia's habitats and ecosystems.

Wouldn't we like to see an end to the clearing of native vegetation & to the decimation of forests' oldest trees?

GetUp is offering us a chance to sign a simple email-petition to demand new "Forestry Principles" for Australian forests and those who have depended on them for their livelihoods.

Please go to www.getup.org.au/campaign/ForestryPrinciples  and add to this grassroots _expression_-of-urgency for our future.
And please forward this petition-opportunity to your societies, networks, friends, family.

The reasoning behind GetUp's action is explained on their website & the urgency results from the window-of-opportunity presented by changes to Gunns' Board of Directors.

(The most recent GetUp petition about including mental health in reforms to Australia's health system generated an unprecedented 85,000 signatures. Let's do the same for our forests, their carbon storage and unique wildlife!)

Thank you......signing-up won't take long......a future without tree-hollows isn't to be contemplated.

Rosemary