canberrabirds

The other end of the Indian Bean season

To: <>
Subject: The other end of the Indian Bean season
From: "Geoffrey Dabb" <>
Date: Fri, 7 May 2010 11:08:56 +1000

In February I mentioned K Parrots attacking unripe catalpa pods.  This morning a much more usual sight of 8 or so eating the dry seeds in the same tree, now with few remaining leaves.  The current lot represent the normal cold-season influx.  I don’t know why that other gang was foraging in the suburbs in Summer.  The pods were relatively undisturbed between the two invasions.

seasonal parrots.jpg