canberrabirds

any suggestions?

To: <>, <>
Subject: any suggestions?
From: Damien Farine <>
Date: Wed, 5 May 2010 13:47:43 +1000
Steve, it looks like 'Angel Wing', which is a condition that ducks & geese can get when they have too much protein in their diets.  Probably caused by supplementary feeding of high-protein pellets or something like that (e.g. chicken food).

Damien

> Date: Wed, 5 May 2010 12:46:48 +1000
> Subject: [canberrabirds] any suggestions?
>
> While on Three Hummock Island recently Helen & I saw atleast 4 birds
> with this wing problem.
>
> Any thoughts on what the problem could be? Numbers of Cape Barren
> geese out of control.
>
> Deficiency in diet? "Sport", genetic problem?
>
> Steve.

Australia's #1 job site If It Exists, You'll Find it on SEEK