canberrabirds

Spotted Harrier south [SEC=UNOFFICIAL]

To: "Ian Fraser" <>, "Cog line" <>
Subject: Spotted Harrier south [SEC=UNOFFICIAL]
From: "Perkins, Harvey" <>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2010 09:14:28 +1000
Ian,

I recall being surprised to see two separate Spotted Harriers to our SE
back in January this year. One was quartering the paddocks opposite the
junction of Woolcara Lane where it joins Captains Flat Rd (so about 5km
SW of Hoskinstown). Even more surprising, the other was on the hillside
between the junctions of Jinden and Currumbene Creeks on the Snowball Rd
in the upper Shoalhaven Valley. This would be about 50 km NE of your
sighting.

I don't see Spotted Harriers in our region very often so to see two
separate ones in unexpected locations in the one day was quite a treat.

Harvey

Harvey Perkins
CRC Selection Rounds Section
Department of Innovation, Industry, Science and Research