canberrabirds

Calamanthus and Black-faced Shag

To: <>
Subject: Calamanthus and Black-faced Shag
From: Damien Farine <>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2010 18:21:25 +1100
Thanks for the info from both those who have replied and those who have previously posted (accessed through the archives).  We successfully (and easily) saw both species.  Black-faced Shag: 1 bird seen sitting both am and pm on a rock at the end of the main breakwater at Eden harbour.  Calamanthus: three birds (inc. one juv.) seen just uphill from the boundary of the heath and tea trees on the vehicular track leading to Pulpit Rock.

Although only a short visit, we did have time to see both Shy and Black-browed Albatross amongst the Gannets and Shearwaters at the cape itself.

Damien

With all the latest places, searching has never been easier. Looking for a new home?