canberrabirds

Re: Fw: [canberrabirds] Noisy Magpies

To: Denis Wilson <>
Subject: Re: Fw: [canberrabirds] Noisy Magpies
From: martin butterfield <>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2010 09:49:18 +1100
Denis

In my experience at Carwoola the local Magpies have no hesitation in having a shot at two Eagles soaring together in calm conditions.  They seem to do a tag-team routine between families as the eagles pass from above one territory to another.

When it is windy the eagles are generally travelling rather faster - like surfing down the face of a wave rather than cruising 'out the back waiting for the big one'.  They don't attract as much aggravation and I have wondered if its because they don't stay in a territory long enough to give offence.

Martin