canberrabirds

Flying foxes

Subject: Flying foxes
From: Nick Payne <>
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 2010 14:18:03 +1100
All the ones I've seen around our place (Griffith) have been Grey-headed Flying Foxes, which are the size you describe. They've been coming in every night to feed in our fig tree for the last few weeks.

I also saw a dead Grey-headed Flying Fox in Hackett last year, hanging from some power lines.

Nick