canberrabirds

Genuine pellet

To: <>
Subject: Genuine pellet
From: "Geoffrey Dabb" <>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 19:21:48 +1100

Scouting the relatively birdless woodland along Mugga Lane this afternoon I came across a Grey Currawong gripping what appeared to be a small flightless insect of the grasshopper kind (white arrow).  It then flew to another branch and after a bit of gagging ejected a pellet (green arrow) in accordance with the rites of the currawong freemasonry.  Sceptics on this chatline, of whom there are a couple, might think I have inserted the pellet in the picture, but it is in fact a genuine pellet, just ejected.

genuine pellet.jpg