canberrabirds

womboin again

To: Canberra Birds <>
Subject: womboin again
From: Elizabeth Compston <>
Date: Sun, 7 Feb 2010 20:44:50 +1100

We went again to Womboin yesterday. Always interesting but not as exciting as a couple of weeks ago, in that awful hot windy weather. We did not see any White-browed Woodswallows, nor any Trillers. Trillers were feeding young last week. Dusky Woodswallow were still around but only a few, and they had dependent young, as did the Wilie Wagtails and the Rufous Whistlers. We saw a pipit on the road between Lot 15 and 16. Southern Whitefaces were around

There were lots of Diamond Firetails and I am sure that there were dy amongst them as some were brilliant in colour and others were drab, well not quite drab, but less colourful. Those birds must have bred there. Has anyone seen Diamond Firetails nests lately?

Great for Julienne to find the nest of the Mistletoe bird, and for Jack to see the Rufous Songlark carrying food

Elizabeth