canberrabirds

One day's catch

To: "'Simon King'" <>
Subject: One day's catch
From: "Margaret Leggoe" <>
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 2010 11:38:41 +1100

I have used cat and small dog pellets bought at any supermarket.  Yesterday it was My Dog with Prime Beef, specially prepared for small dogs.

After putting the cage in place, I am careful to put a little extra dirt or compost over the wire on the ground (in the entrance tunnels) so that the birds are not walking on the wire.  I try to choose a spot that gets shade in the afternoon for obvious reasons.