canberrabirds

Superb Parrots

Subject: Superb Parrots
From: Tun Pin ONG <>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2010 13:17:59 +1100
Hi,
I am a new subscriber to this group. Been reading the archive for over 2 months.

Here is my recent report on Superb Parrot for this year.

05 Jan 2010 - 8pm - Wybalena Grove Cook - 26 Superb Parrots grazing on grass
06 Jan 2010 - 8pm - Wybalena Grove Cook - 24 Superb Parrots grazing on
grass + 5 fed on Lerp on small trees nearby
07 Jan 2010 - 8pm - Wybalena Grove Cook - 6 (only one subadult male)
fed on lerp on small trees as the day before.
08 Jan 2010 - 8pm - Wybalena Grove Cook - 6 (only one subadult male)
fed on lerp on small trees as the day before.
11 Jan 2010 - 8:15pm Wybalena Grove Cook - 1 female/juvenile grazing on grass
12 Jan 2010 - 8:00pm Mt Rogers - 8 parrots (only one adult male)

[I am pretty sure the group that fed on lerp on 06,07,08 are from the
same group. The subadult male seemed to be the leader as it was the
first to descend on the short tree to start gleaning for lerps]

Regards,
Tun Pin ONG