canberrabirds

spectacular gathering of corellas (not local!) - and channel-billed cuc

To: "'martin butterfield'" <>
Subject: spectacular gathering of corellas (not local!) - and channel-billed cuckoo in Wanniassa yesterday
From: "Geoffrey Dabb" <>
Date: Sat, 19 Dec 2009 16:45:42 +1100

Aha, Martin, a question of one’s perspectives perhaps.  I would have thought it was tempting to attribute extensions due to escapes and introductions to natural causes.

Joe Forshaw, a silent reader of this chatline, says he agrees broadly with my position on the Long-billed, the true correlation being with human settlement,  and we should look at Australian Parrots Third Edition