canberrabirds

Tharwa Sandwash 30 Nov

To: Canberrabirds <>
Subject: Tharwa Sandwash 30 Nov
From: Bruce Ramsay <>
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 15:20:18 +1100
Tharwa Sandwash this morning had 35 species (and possibly more that I
missed because my hearing isn't good enough to pick up and identify
much of the song that is probably all around!).

Interesting observations were:

No Willie Wagtail or Brown Goshawk
2 Black-fronted Dotterel
1 Grey Shrike-thrush (and I'm pretty sure I heard others but I wasn't
certain so haven't included them in my monthly survey results that I
will enter to the COG Atlas)
1 Dollarbird
2 Rainbow Bee-eater
3 Little Corella
2 Dusky Woodswallow

and 2 species that are, for me, new to the site - an Australian
Pelican and an immature Horsfield's Bronze-Cuckoo.

Bruce