canberrabirds

Expert ID help needed

To: <>
Subject: Expert ID help needed
From: "Geoffrey Dabb" <>
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2009 14:34:02 +1100

As below, Steve once again showed his mastery of the unusual bird (as well as Martin who obliquely indicated a similar conclusion).  The original photo is as below.  Wait on!  The less experienced bird-watcher must not be led astray.  The correct bill length, if one can use that _expression_ in relation to the natural world, exactly reaches the right-hand arm of the scale.  As I recall, Harvey found one of these at the wetlands a few years ago, although I don’t know whether he was so certain as to tick it in the end.

unusual scrubwren_2860.jpg