canberrabirds

Kelly's Swamp 20091109

To: Canberrabirds <>
Subject: Kelly's Swamp 20091109
From: Rob Geraghty <>
Date: Sun, 8 Nov 2009 18:38:40 -0800 (PST)
Hopefully Chris from Nova Scotia, whom I was takling to on the weekend, will
see this.  Between 1245 and 1315 today - the Black Tailed Native Hens were back
at the southern end of Kelly's Swamp.  I saw 6 but the seventh may have been
around.  Other birds seen and heard;  Yellow Faced Honeyeaters, Red Browed
Finches, Silvereyes, Superb Fairy Wrens, one Greenfinch, Australian Magpies,
Magpie Lark, Crested Pigeon, Royal Spoonbills, Australian Pelicans, Black
Swans, Eurasian Coots, Purple Swamphens, Grey Teal, Grey Fantail, Blackbird,
Starling, Red Wattle Bird, Yellow Rumped Thornbill, Australian Reed Warbler.

On the sewerage ponds yesterday I saw four Blue Billed Ducks, two male and two
female.  One male seemed to be claiming both females and chasing off the other
male.

=======
Rob Geraghty