canberrabirds

Canberra Fumes item

To: <>
Subject: Canberra Fumes item
From: "Geoffrey Dabb" <>
Date: Sun, 1 Nov 2009 13:16:47 +1100

Aha.  Our perceptive David has indeed spotted the deliberate error.  This was prompted by the record of the Canberra Fumes in getting the wrong bird photo.  Some years ago they had more than two goes at showing a Common Myna.  First it was a Noisy Miner and then an Indian Hill Mynah (the ‘Myna Bird ‘ of North American cagebird owners).  I have a slim file of correspondence on the subject.  Their crass blunders were conceded so ungraciously that they managed to convey that anyone who knew the difference – or cared about it – was an eccentric who needed to get a life of their own.