canberrabirds

Specimens of dead birds -phone number correction [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

To: "Canberra Birds" <>
Subject: Specimens of dead birds -phone number correction [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]
From: "Oren, Yarden" <>
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2009 13:54:10 +1100
I was almost about to deliver an immature Golden Whistler that flew into one of our windows this morning, but...

A strong bang on the window followed by a series of squeaks signalled that a bird was in stress. Rushed out to find a GW huddled on the ground. as I was watching it for a minute, the whistler pathetically, like in a fourth grade movie, let out its final squawk in a gasp, slowly shut its eyes and let its head drop to the side in slow motion. I recalled all those resilient wattlebirds which bump into our windows and keep on flying. I went in to find a plastic bag and tell the kids. a minute later it was gone! oh how theatrical and resilient birds can be.

Yarden