canberrabirds

Painted Button Quail in the ACT

To: con <>
Subject: Painted Button Quail in the ACT
From: martin butterfield <>
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2009 16:45:44 +1100
Shortly after we moved to Carwoola (in January 2007) Frances found a Painted Button-quail lurking under our chook-house.  Each time we disturbed it by gardening in the vicinity it scampered off into some dense nearby Kunzea ericifolia.  A few weeks later - with intermitten sightingsin the meantime - the COG wednesday walkers came for a visit.  They lined up, the bird duly appeared, and has not been seen since.  Neither have any platelets despite quite a lot of time spent searching.

Martin