canberrabirds

Advice re passing of Steve Wilson OAM,

Subject: Advice re passing of Steve Wilson OAM,
Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2009 07:44:43 +1000 (EST)

 I wish to advise - through this forum, as it is the only contact I have available to me at present - that my father, Steve Wilson, a life member of COG, died peacefully this morning.

He had been in gradual decline for about a month. He was 97 years old.

Last week one of my brothers was visiting him and commented about the "Indian Mynas" outside the building. Dad corrected him to "Common Myna". That showed he was "sharp" right up until the final week of his life.

We should all hope to go as peacefully!

To Geoffrey Dabb: Would you kindly email me privately, as there are some COG members (who do not appear to be members of this Forum), whom I would like to advise personally,  but I do not have their relevant contact details, as I am staying with my brother in Canberra.

Denis Wilson