canberrabirds

Sunday obs

To: "'Canberrabirds'" <>
Subject: Sunday obs
From: "Nick Payne" <>
Date: Sun, 6 Sep 2009 14:16:43 +1000
1. Around lunchtime today we twice had a Spotted Pardalote come up to our
large lounge room French window and hover for a few seconds only inches away
from the glass. First time I've seen this behaviour from a pardalote - in
fact it's the first time I've seen a pardalote in our garden in the 14 years
we've been here.

2. A pair of Eastern Rosellas are nesting in a hollow in a brittle gum on
the median strip of Captain Cook Crescent. The tree is just opposite the
small pavilion on the Brumbies training oval that's on the corner of
Barallier St and Capt Cook Cres.

Also, lots of Pasture Day Moth caterpillars digging themselves into the
ground to pupate.

Nick Payne