canberrabirds

Draft EIS for Majura Parkway [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Subject: Draft EIS for Majura Parkway [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2009 12:20:36 +1000

Having taken the time to read the extensive Draft Environmental Impact Statement (EIS) for the Majura Parkway, I have submitted a number of objections to ACTPLA.  My focus has been on the ecological aspects of the impact statement, which includes our birds and the habitat they depend on.  The reason I am stating this here is that whilst COG will rightly be providing a submission on this, representing the views of us as a collective, and arguing in defence of one of our key purposes of existence: "to promote the conservation of native birds and their habitat", I believe it is important that individuals also make submissions.  The more voices on the public record in defence of the environment the better.  Those arguing for destruction will ensure their voice is heard.

Therefore, if you would like a copy of my submission, to help in the preparation of your own, please contact me personally and I can provide it to you.

Kind regards

Matthew Frawley********************************************************************** IMPORTANT: This e-mail is intended for the use of the addressee and may contain information that is confidential, commercially valuable or subject to legal or parliamentary privilege. If you are not the intended recipient you are notified that any review, re-transmission, disclosure, use or dissemination of this communication is strictly prohibited by several Commonwealth Acts of Parliament. If you have received this communication in error please notify the sender immediately and delete all copies of this transmission together with any attachments. **********************************************************************