canberrabirds

[Fwd: Birds of the Bush Festival - Rankins Springs NSW]

Subject: [Fwd: Birds of the Bush Festival - Rankins Springs NSW]
From: "Canberra Ornithologists Group Inc." <>
Date: Tue, 9 Jun 2009 12:28:48 +1000 (EST)
çÝv~Ë­­ªu×}7ó?6Û_tëOtÓ

Mr Chris Davey

President

Canberra Ornithologists Group

Dear Chris,

The community of Rankins Springs would like to invite the Canberra Ornithologists Group to join us for the annual Rankins Springs Birds of the Bush Festival to be held 2-4 October 2009.

The village of Rankins Springs is nestled in the foothills of the Conapaira Range, in central western New South Wales.  The Rankins Springs district is a twitcher’s paradise, being home to an abundance of native bird species, including the spectacular Glossy Black Cockatoo, Major Mitchell’s Cockatoo, Malleefowl, Gilbert’s Whistler, Chestnut Quail Thrush, Shy Hylacola and the Painted Honeyeater.  Cocoparra National Park is a short drive to the south west of Rankins Springs and Lake Brewster is situated approximately 50kms north of the village.

To showcase its incredible birds, the community of Rankins Springs hosts an annual family orientated birdwatching festival over the NSW October long weekend.  Further information is provided in the attached letter and on the Birds of the Bush website at www.birdsofthebush.com .  The website will be updated soon with details of the 2009 festival, including entry forms and information about the art and photography exhibition, guest speakers and guided birdwatching tour times and destinations.

We’d greatly appreciate it if you would consider distributing this information among your members, display our poster or organise a field trip to see our spectacular birdlife.  We’d love to welcome your group and hear of your sightings.

Happy birding!

Kylie Brettschneider

Rankins Springs Birds of the Bush Committee

www.birdsofthebush.com

Why not send an e-invite for the Birds of the Bush festival to your friends?

http://www.regionaleventslive.com.au/bwWebsite/events.asp?EventID=4344