canberrabirds

A chat line chat about chats.

To: "Canberrabirds" <>
Subject: A chat line chat about chats.
From: "John Layton" <>
Date: Sun, 17 May 2009 17:18:26 +1000
Acting upon information received from members I went to Stromlo Park this brisk, sparkling morning and now have White-fronted Chat scalps hanging from the life-list lodge pole. The Brats came too so I experienced a surfeit of chats before reaching Stromlo Park. Following Milburn's suggestion we swept the grassy area out front of the grandstand with binos and located four on the ground and approached, but as predicted they soon flushed and again mentor Milburn's prediction was spot on as they alighted atop a fence. We sneaked forward but didn't push closer than 25m before glassing them and had pleasing views.

So thanks to members who responded to my request for information on locating these birds. This time it came into its own as a chat line.

John Layton.