canberrabirds

Barn Owl in Ainslie

To: "chat line" <>
Subject: Barn Owl in Ainslie
From: "Michael & Janette Lenz" <>
Date: Fri, 15 May 2009 11:46:53 +1000
This morning Currawongs & Co. flushed a Barn Owl out of a tree opposite from our house. The owl made several attempts to seek shelter in other trees, including a eucalypt within my GBS site, but to no avail. The aggressive birds were Australian Ravens, Currawongs made noises and left the harassing to the Ravens, and Magpies stayed close to the action but remained largely quiet. Finally the owl had too much and took off towards the Ainslie shops, flying unfortunately over a longer stretch above tree height where ravens had a chance to pinch it. But the owl must have managed to find better shelter near the shops for the noise of the pursuers soon finished.

Michael Lenz