canberrabirds

White-fronted Chats

To: "'John Layton'" <>, "'Canberrabirds'" <>
Subject: White-fronted Chats
From: "Philip Veerman" <>
Date: Tue, 12 May 2009 23:52:07 +1000
Certainly the answer to your question is yes, but that fully depends what are your distance limits on "elsewhere". They are a species that I have encountered huge numbers of times around SE Australia generally, but not often in the ACT region. In the ACT region, those spots I recall have been Googong Dam foreshores, Tuggeranong Lake, before the lake was there, and Bungendore Sewage works. That is hardly surprising, when you look at the habitats they most prefer, there is not much of it in the ACT Region and what there is is quite marginal.