canberrabirds

FW: [canberrabirds] White-bellied Sea-eagles

To: <>
Subject: FW: [canberrabirds] White-bellied Sea-eagles
From: "Philip Veerman" <>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2009 22:31:58 +1000

Philip Veerman
24 Castley Circuit
Kambah  ACT  2902

02 - 62314041
-----Original Message-----
From: Philip Veerman [
Sent: Tuesday, 14 April 2009 10:31 PM
To: 'Lindell'
Subject: RE: [canberrabirds] White-bellied Sea-eagles

Hello Lindell,

Sorry I can only go by the photos that you present but I see nothing in them that suggests these are White-bellied Sea-Eagles. Indeed I would give a >99% on them being Whistling Kites. They appear to not be Little Eagles either, for the same reasons as the message I wrote a few weeks ago to someone else (?) with somewhat similar pictures. Not only is this conclusion based on the birds but the nest is nowhere near big enough for a Sea-Eagle's nest.