canberrabirds

Next wednesday's walk

To: "'martin butterfield'" <>, "'COG List'" <>
Subject: Next wednesday's walk
From: "Philip Veerman" <>
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2009 17:30:47 +1000
That is one of my favoured places for a stroll, although it is a long time since I did the full distance. If going there with a group it certainly would be a good thing to do the car shuffle with some cars left at Pine Island to shuttle folk back to Kambah after the walk that Martin suggests. I was there on Saturday. Not a lot of birds noted. There certainly were flocks of Y-f honeyeaters flying easterly along the route. This time one of the Wedge-tailed Eagles (it is unusual not to see them) was flying with a branch in its beak. Seeing everyone else seems to be writing about them, I'll mention there were at least 2 Grey Butcherbirds there too. A few weeks earlier on my last try, the Brown Goshawk and Peregrine Falcon were there too.