canberrabirds

Mulligans - 11 April

To: Marnix Zwankhuizen <>
Subject: Mulligans - 11 April
From: martin butterfield <>
Date: Sun, 12 Apr 2009 09:44:48 +1000
Marnix

I hope you weren't confused by the calls of Pied Butcherbird to the North of the dam yesterday morning.  They were unfortunately all courtesy of BOCA and coming from my MP3 player.  It did attract a little attention from a family of Grey Butcherbirds (GBBs) but they soon seemed to work out that their relative was elsewhere (probably Cooleman Ridge).

I found some Striated Pardalotes but, like you, few other small birds.  I have wondered whether this is due to the number of GBBs  and/or the stroppy Noisy Miners in the area.

Martin