canberrabirds

RE:Grey Butcher Birds.....

To: hot line <>
Subject: RE:Grey Butcher Birds.....
From: terry gourlay <>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2009 13:54:45 +0000
Hi All,
        There are still butcher birds resident in Hackett behind my home,I hear them every morning now and again they come to my window for food...they hold their own very well with the Currawongs,come to me in the Winter when things are tough....Phillip don't get upset about their effect on the Passerines with the exception of a few Yellow Rumps,they are a thing of the past...I walk every morning where the bush say seven years ago was alive with the calls of passerine birds now it is silent they are virtually all gone,even the starlings and sparrows....bluddy sad really,even the Currawongs are thin on the ground....I used to get my canoe out and find a few birds up the back of the Lake,but no the Zealots have buggered that up too.....

Explore the new Windows Live. Looking for a place to manage all your online stuff?